SmartALERT Limited and the Smart Plus group of companies (the “Smart Plus Group”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
You can find out more about the companies within the Smart Plus Group here
How we collect your information
Information can be collected in the following ways:
Information you provide over the telephone, through our website or when completing forms, including:
- Registering with our website;
- Subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Applying for a product or service;
- Requesting a service;
- Applying for or taking part in competitions and promotions;
- When reporting a problem with our website;
- By completing surveys and questionnaires for research purposes;
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, IP address, traffic data, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation paths, weblogs and other communication data;
- From third parties, where you have provided that third party or the Smart Plus Group with your consent to do so; or
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence
How we use your information
Your information will be shared with the Smart Plus Group and may be used to:
- administer your subscriptions or membership records within the Smart Plus Group;
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general communications in relation to your plans;
- send you marketing communications about products and services offered by the Smart Plus Group through the post, by email, SMS or via the telephone which we think may be of interest to you.
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- provide third parties with statistical information about you – but this information will not be used to identify any individual;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
Where you have enquired about a product or service, we may contact you by telephone, email or post to provide you with a quotation or to discuss your case further.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Where you provide sensitive information such as criminal convictions or medical information, you consent to your information being used by us to provide a quote or issue a policy.
Where do we store your information?
All information is stored securely on internal secure servers and systems in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. See our security policy for more information.
Your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by calling us on 0330 20 20 605.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. To do this, write to us at the following address:
Smart Plus Group,
55-59 Newhall Street,
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We record your communications with us and may monitor these from time to time for quality control and training purposes.
Each company within the Smart Plus Group is a data controller in their own right, although your personal data will be shared across the Smart Plus Group for the purposes outlined previously (see ‘How we use your information’). You can find out more about the companies within the Smart Plus Group here
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or contractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if a company within the Smart Plus Group or the assets of that company are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
We may check your identity by carrying out an online check with a reference agency. The agency will add a note to your credit file to show that an identity check has been made, but this information will not be available to any third parties and will not affect your credit rating.
From time to time we link to other sites and display advertisements from third parties on our site. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites and third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these sites or advertisers nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
Third Party Websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Updating Your Personal Information
If your circumstances change it is important to let us know so that we can keep our records up to date. Please call us on 0330 20 20 605 to inform us of any changes.
Policy updated: January 2015
SmartALERT strives to provide its customers with the highest level of service and would like to know if you are not satisfied with any aspect of this. Should you wish to make comments about our service please contact us at SmartALERT Limited, Avebury House, 55-59 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 3RB, United Kingdom. We treat all complaints seriously and endeavour to handle them fairly, consistently and promptly.
We are committed to handling all complaints fairly and will always do our best to provide a full response to your concerns. If you feel there is more we can do, please let us know as we don’t want our members to be unhappy and will work with you to try and sort things out.